1.2
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

My friends and I booked a car from Economy Car Rentals with a full insurance. The cost would be 63 euros.

Up on picking up the car, I was told that the insurance I picked was a full insurance but he said I chose to pay for a full insurance instead of having a full insurance. I tried to argue but that guy with an arrogant attitude kept on telling me go check the term of use repeatedly as if he was a robot.

I thought I was going to check with Economy Car Rental later, so I agreed to swallow it and pay up first.

And then, this little robber told me that I also need to pay 60 euros for the full insurance while I paid only 20 a day before with another car rental company. I asked him why. He simply repeated that it's their company policy. At this point I was super annoyed by his attitude.

What's more "amazing" is that he proceeded to ask for 75 euros of fuel charge. I argued again because never in my life was I charged for this kind of service. He simply repeated again and again it's a company policy and said I did not print out their super long company policy.

While he was machine gunning me down with his mouth, he tried to pull out other people's paper to show me their company policy. I told him I really didn't have time for this. Please stop talking and let's proceed and paid him 75 euros for fuel charge that I thought I could get a refund if I return the car with a full tank.

I then paid him with my credit card. He swiped the card and held the machine up for me (usually it means I need to punch in my PIN but I didn't have one). So, I told him I didn't have a PIN. He got really snobby and told me no one was asking me to put in the number. F* it! Why the F* he raised the machine? I could not sign on it with him holding the machine. But, I paid anyway because by that time this a**hole had delayed my schedule by 40 minutes.

I found myself sitting in the car with this guy didn't want to explain anything about how to use the car (e.g. where is the fuel opening and other things about using that specific car). He got out of the car. I got off the car and then try to ask him about how to open the fuel tank lid. He told me the car was full and I already paid the 75 euros. I realized that 75 euros was not refundable whether the tank was full or not.

I was so mad that I told him I wanted his name to file a complaint. He simply ran to the car and pull the car key out and told me he didn't want to rent me the car. I insisted that he gave me the key back because I had already paid. He then said I didn't present the company policy pages to him so he could refuse to let me use the car. BUT, the thing is I was provided with a printout page without their company policy. Who the *** in the world would print out a super long term of use and company policy?

I then got so upset that I told him to give me my money back and he simply ignored me. I said if he did not give me money back I will call the police. He then refunded my credit card charge (so I have the prove that he was trying to rip me off!!).

Please judge by yourself whether this is the car rental you want to use for your wonderful holidays. Now, I am trying to argue with Economy Car Rentals to get my handle fee back and they too are acting really slow and answered me 5 days after I contacted them and simply asked me why I did not contact them right on the spot.

Product or Service Mentioned: Goldcar Car Rental.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lair and a bunch of rubbers.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 02, 2016.

Comments

Duncan, South Carolina, United States #1223598

Loads of complaints but not much on resolutions. There are things you can do to get your money back from Goldcar.

Check out my twitter feed @robbedbygoldcar and go into my "likes" for a list of options. We can fight back and the more of us that do the more chance we have of bringing these criminals down.

Not solved and they don't give it a ***.

Recently Discussed Reviews